Today’s technological advancements require technology professionals who can help
companies to administer their system networks and databases. More importantly these
companies need technology professionals to help their computer users to do their
job without having to know how the internals of computers work. Our Information
Technology Programme, prepares students to be amongst those technology professionals
who can help to administer computer systems, manage a network of computers, design
and develop Web pages, troubleshoot network security problems, and oversee the physical
connectivity of Internet or Intranet connections.
Apart from imparting conventional technical education and rich learning environment,
emphasis is laid on co-curricular activities such as Conferences, Seminars, Workshops,
Debates and Quizzes to prepare the students for highly competitive Job Market. The
Department is more focused on the broad picture of modern Technologies like E-commerce,
Data Mining & Data Warehousing. We also provide individual attention to students
to make them good citizens of our nation to serve the industry and society constructively.
The Programme Objectives developed for B.Tech for Information Technology are:
- Graduates will utilize their expertise and experience to solve Information Technology
problems in industry.
- Graduates will be leading professionals, innovators and entrepreneurs in the development
and deployment of software, information systems and information management tools.
- Graduates will carry out their assignment in industry with social awareness and
- Graduates will interact with their peers in other disciplines in industry and
society and contribute to the economic growth of the country.
- Graduates will have the academic background to be successful in graduate studies.
- Graduates will be able to pursue career paths in teaching or research.
Future of Information Technology:
B.Tech. Information Technology (60 Seats)
Programme offered by the Department is:
IT will continue to expand momentum. The immense expansion in networking technologies
is expected to continue into the future decades also. IT will bring about an improvement
in the quality of life as it impacts on global competitiveness. Technologies that
are emerging are Data Warehousing and Data Mining. They involve collecting data
in normal research. Software services that are being used will go a long way. Our
main area of focus includes:
- To equip the students with the know-how of designing, developing, maintaining
and analyzing Business Information System.
- To understand the principles and acquire the skills to develop the advanced software
that underpins major technologies.
- Industrial process control systems.
- To implement the computer skill in Bioinformatics.
- To use IT and mathematics applications in finance
- I.T-assisted education
Ms. Mandeep Kaur
Assistant Professor & HOD
Department of Information Technology
Amritsar - 143001
The Computer Labs are creatively and ergonomically designed, where students get
an opportunity to develop their skills. The labs are fully networked. All computers
have sophisticated and high-end configurations computing resources and software
facility. The labs are set to create special environment required for students of
|| FCPIT Lab
|| Programming Lab
|| Network Programming Lab
|| Software Programming Lab
|| ORACLE Lab
|| Microprocessor Lab
|| Computer Graphics Lab
|| CISCO Lab
|| JAVA Lab
||. Net Lab